Lower Body: Inner Thigh Stretch
Muscles Used: Adductors (Inner Thigh)
Equipment Needed: Mat or towel (optional)
- Sit on the floor and extend your legs in front of your body.
- Bend your knees and place your feet together, side by side, flat on the floor. Place your hands on your calves (see photo A).
- Slowly let your knees fall open to each side and slide the soles of your feet together.
- Rest your hands on your ankles.
- Gently round your spine and roll your shoulders forward.
- Slowly lean forward, lowering your upper body toward your legs. Stop when you feel the stretch in your inner thighs (see photo B).
- Inhale (breathe in) through your nose, and exhale (breathe out) through your mouth, as you complete this stretch.
- Hold this stretch for 30 seconds.
- Return to starting position by rounding shoulders back and extending your spine to upright position.
- Don't let gravity pull your upper body down too quickly; this might over-stretch your lower body muscles.
- Continue to breathe.
|Previous||Next: Outer Thigh Stretch|