Lower Body: Outer Thigh Stretch
Muscles Used: Abductors (Outer Thigh)
Equipment Needed: Mat or towel (optional)
- Sit on the floor.
- Extend your legs in front of your body.
- Bend right knee, cross right foot over left knee and place on the floor.
- Place left elbow on right knee.
- Keep abdominal muscle tight and back straight. Keep shoulders back and chin up.
- Place right arm behind your right hip on floor for support.
- Gently twist waist and
shoulders to the right, looking behind the right shoulder (see photos A and B).
- Feel the stretch in right outer thigh.
- Inhale (breathe in) through your nose, and exhale (breathe out) through your mouth, as you complete this stretch.
- Hold this stretch for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 3-10 on the opposite side to stretch your left outer thigh.
- Don't twist to the side too quickly.
- Continue to breathe.
- Keep good posture (your back straight, chin up, abdominals tight).
|Previous||Next: Quadricep Stretch|